Cloud Cart can pull a list of objects from Salesforce. You could create an object called events and map the event to a sales receipt in QB. Based on the one you select, Cloud Cart will pull a list of fields to map. In this example, we created a custom object called invoice and we will map the fields.
How do I add field mappings?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Cloud Cart.
- At the my connections page, select Salesforce under existing connections.
- Click configure.
- Go to the custom object mapping page.
- Click add.
- Select your custom object, the field name, and the field name to map. In this example, we will map the PO to the QB PO field:
Here is the end result of a basic mapping.
How do I map order items?
Cloud Cart can search the Salesforce order items table for line items. You must map the order ID. Add this mapping:
How does Cloud Cart filter custom objects?
Cloud Cart can filter custom objects by their creation date or their Salesforce Id. To filter by date, go to the Cloud Cart configure page. Scroll down to export settings and change the date. To filter by ID, go to the order export tab. In the order list field, enter a comma separated list of IDs.
How do I test the field mappings tool?
You can use our order previewer:
- In Cloud Cart, hover over the gear and click reports.
- Select order previewer.
- Enter a date range when the custom objects were created in Salesforce.
In this example, our tool will query for all custom invoices made since 2015.