The Cloud Cart Connector can sync orders from QuickBooks Online into ShipStation. You must set-up a scheduled task with Cloud Cart Connector, turn on QuickBooks class tracking, create some new invoices or sales receipts in QuickBooks, and ensure these transactions are formatted properly.
To see a live demo of the integration, go to our demos page.
Enable Class Tracking
Each order will have a class called ShipStation. This tells our software to send the orders to ShipStation. This class prevents orders from ShipStation from going into QB and back to ShipStation. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > account and settings.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Click track classes > on:
- Select one to entire transaction under assign classes.
- Click save.
Enable Sync from QuickBooks
You must tell Cloud Cart Connector to pull orders from QuickBooks Online:
- At the configure page, scroll down to task settings
- Select sync orders from QuickBooks:
- Click save and sync.
Add an Order to QuickBooks Online
You must add the name of your ordering solution to the class field. In this example, ShipStation is used. If you are an Infusionsoft customer, then add Infusionsoft. Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- On the left, click customers.
- Select a customer or add a new one.
- On the top right, click new > invoice or new > sales receipt.
- Enter ShipStation in the class field:
- In the shipping address box, type in the contact's first and last name.
- Press enter.
- Type the address line 1 and press enter.
- Type the address line 2 and press enter.
- Type the city, state, and zip then press enter:
In about 30 - 60 minutes, the order should sync. Check your transaction log by hovering over the gear > transaction log. If you want to export the order faster, go back to the configure page of Cloud Cart Connector. Click save and sync.
After the Initial Sync
If you're shipping outside of the U.S. the country must appear on the last line. For more information on address formats, see this article.
Our system assumes any line with UPS, FedEx or shipping is a shipping amount. This data is mapped to the ShipStation shipping field.
Out of the box, our system updates no orders in ShipStation. If you need this setting turned on, please read these instructions.
Change Order Status
When Cloud Cart inserts orders, we insert them with the awaiting shipment status. To change the order status, follow these steps:
- In Connex, hover over the gear and click rules engine.
- Click the link to turn on the advanced rules engine.
- There will be two parts. For form 1, enter these values. For form 2, enter these values.
Manually Syncing Transactions
If you need to change the sync dates, follow these steps:
- At the my connections page, click submit.
- On the configure page, click the QB export tab.
- Change the sync dates:
- Click save and sync.