Should I sync with Authorize.NET?
If you are syncing QuickBooks and your online store, it is unnecessary to sync with Authorize.Net. Your store sends Authorize.Net a copy of the order, so you will get duplicates. You only need this sync if orders from Authorize.Net do not exist in your online store, like phone orders. If you have questions, please open a support ticket.
In many cases, Authorize.NET fails to send what was ordered to our solution. If you are unsure whether your ordering solution sends SKUs, consult your web developer.As a result, your QB order will say unknown_do_not_delete. There are several workarounds:
- You can change your ordering form to send Authorize.NET SKUs.
- You can map items to QB, based on the order description.
- You can map items to QB, based on their sale price.
- You can map unknown to another item in QB.
Options two and three work, if there is a single item on the order. For multiple items, you must use option one.
You must login to your merchant interface and obtain your API Login and Transaction ID. Here are the steps:
- Login to your Authorize.NET merchant interface
- On the left, click settings and you'll see this area:
- On the right, click API Login and Transaction ID
- Complete the form
- At the Authorize.NET settings page, click transaction details API:
- Enable the API. If you do not enable the API, your login with us will fail.
- Go to cloudcartconnector.com and login
- Choose Authorize.NET
- Enter your API Login where it says API Login and enter your Transaction ID where it says Transaction ID
- Leave the URL as http://www.authorize.net
- Click the blue button
Upon successful login, you will arrive at the settings page.
Cloud Cart can add merchant fees to each order. For more info, read this article.
Our system will create separate items for tax and shipping. If you see no order details, contact your order management solution provider and ask them to send line item details to Authorize.NET.
Here is how our system maps Authorize.Net's line item object to QuickBooks:
|Name||Item Name||This is the unique identifier to the line. Name is the product SKU.|
|Description||Description||This fills in the order description on the line. If you go the advanced tab on Cloud Cart Connector's configure page, you must enter DESCRIPTION to use this value in the QuickBooks order item description. The default is the product's name.|
|UnitPrice||UnitPrice||Price per unit|
|ID||Item Name (optional)||In some cases, the ID field is the product's SKU. If this field is not a number and it is a phrase, the ID field replaces the name field as the SKU.|
By default, our system will map new items to inventory items. If you only sell service items, Cloud Cart Connector can map all new items to non-inventory. Here are the steps:
- Go to the settings page of Cloud Cart Connector
- Go to advanced and check off the non-inventory checkbox
You could also ensure that all SKUs exist as inventory, service, or non-inventory. If our system finds a matching item name and sku, it will use its item type.
By default, our system excludes declined and pending settlement orders. If you need to pull these transactions, contact us.
Pull In Declined and Failed Transactions
By default, Cloud Cart skips adding these orders. To enter them as unpaid invoices, follow these steps:
- On the Cloud Cart configure page, change the transaction drop down to invoices.
- Go to the order export tab.
- In the order list field, enter generalError.
- Click save and sync.
How do I sync payments only and not invoices?
Each invoice in QB has the Auth.NET transaction ID as the order number. If Cloud Cart detects a duplicate, then it skips the order. Cloud Cart will apply a payment, if the order exists and the balance is not 0.