How It Works
Here is a sample scenario:
- After purchase orders or inventory adjustments, QuickBooks Online has inventory items with a quantity on hand. In this example, QuickBooks has an item called redwine with twenty on hand.
- Cloud Cart Connector queries your e-commerce solution for new orders.
- These orders are inserted into QuickBooks Online. Each order will decrement inventory in QuickBooks.
- The new inventory is the current amount minus what was ordered. If there was one order for five redwine, you now have fifteen bottles in QuickBooks.
- Cloud Cart Connector queries QuickBooks for recently modified items. An inventory adjustment will update an item, so it will be returned in this query.
- The number fifteen and the redwine are sent to your e-commerce solution. If the QuickBooks item name and the SKU match, then your e-commerce solution and QuickBooks have the same inventory.
There will always be a delay between QuickBooks and your website. The delay's lengh depends on several factors:
- How often does the sync run?
- How many orders are there to insert into QuickBooks?
- How many items have been updated in QuickBooks?
- How long does your website take to update the items?
When you go to the configure page of Cloud Cart Connector, scroll down to task settings. Adjust the timer to fifteen to thirty minutes for a faster inventory sync:
If you make a refund receipt or credit memo in QuickBooks, the quantity on hand for the item will increase. This new stock will reach your website.
Where should I enter inventory updates?
If Cloud Cart creates a new item in QB, then Cloud Cart will sync its initial quantity to QB. If you make quantity updates in your website by adjusting the qty on hand, those will not sync to existing items. There are two ways to sync inventory:
- Create new items in QB and sync the initial quantity.
- Decrement the inventory through sales receipts or invoices.
- Go to your QB product list.
- Edit an item.
- Enter an inventory adjustment.
- Cloud Cart will sync the adjustments back to WooCommerce.