Volusion User Account
You must generate a special password for Cloud Cart to sync with your Volusion site.
For security reasons, Volusion requires that all admins update their password every 90 days. By updating the user name's password, you must update the special password you made on Cloud Cart. To avoid updating this information every 90 days, follow these steps:
- Create a dedicated user for Cloud Cart use in Volusion.
- Generate a new API URL by following the configuration steps under set-up.
- Update your Volusion store in Cloud Cart with update API URL by reconfiguring.
Because you will never directly log into the Cloud Cart user in Volusion, you won't be prompted to update the password again.
You must enter your user name, encrypted password, and website URL on the my connections page.
To obtain your Volusion encrypted password, follow these steps:
- Log into your Volusion admin.
- Create a dedicated user for Connex use in Volusion.
- Log out of Volusion and login again as the Connex user.
- Go to Inventory > Import/Export > Volusion API.
- Next to generic orders, click run:
- Click the orange run button.
- To the right, you'll see an encrypted password in the URL. In this case it's YYYY.
Here is an example URL:
At the my connections page, here is the final result:
Due to a limitation with Volusion, our software cannot sync orders by date. Our software can only pull fifty Volusion orders at once using the highest and lowest order number fields. By default, our software starts with zero as the lowest and fifty as the highest.
If you want to start at another range, you must enter the lowest order number followed by the highest order number to sync. After the sync is complete, our software will save the highest number and enter it in the lowest field plus one. The highest will be that number plus fifty. Once you enter the numbers, click save and sync:
Here is an example: