In QB, you can close your Accounting period to prevent new orders from reaching QB. This prevents the profit and loss report from changing, so your company can properly report income to the IRS.
Is there a setting on Cloud Cart Connector adjust?
By default, Cloud Cart assigns the inventory start date to January 1st of the current year. If your account period closed on February and Cloud Cart makes products, order and item syncing would fail. To change the inventory start date, follow these steps:
- On Cloud Cart, click submit at my connections.
- On the inventory tab, change the inventory start date field to after your Accounting period.
- Click submit.
How do I unlock the Accounting period?
You have closed your account period in QuickBooks, so we cannot export transactions. Closing the account period prevents orders from entering QB. To unlock it, follow these steps:
- In QB, go to the gear box > company settings.
- Click advanced.
- Turn the Accounting period off:
- In Cloud Cart, resync any missing orders.