Cloud Cart will create new products if they are missing from QuickBooks. You can tell Cloud Cart to log error messages and you can map these products.
How do I set up this feature?
When you install Cloud Cart, the last wizard step says product matching. Under new Missing Products, choose flag order as error and map:
For existing accounts, go to the Cloud Cart configure page. Click the Missing Products tab and choose Flag Order as Error and Map from the dropdown menu.
How do I use this tool?
Here are the steps:
- Login to Cloud Cart Connector.
- At the my connections page, choose a connection and click configure.
- Visit the product mapping page.
- Click edit and map products.
- Enter a QuickBooks item to map and the type of item to match. If you are mapping shipping methods, choose shipping method from the item type drop down. If you are mapping SKUs, choose product:
- Click resync.
Cloud Cart will map and resync shortly.
Why do I see no products to map?
The product mapping tool is connection specific. You will see missing products for the selected connection.
After I map the products, what happens?
The product mapping tool is a short hand way to use our rules engine. Our rules engine maps payment methods, shipping methods, SKUs, and other fields to and from QuickBooks. Once you map a SKU, Cloud Cart creates a rule. Here is a before and after:
You could map the product using our rules engine directly. Here is an example.