Cloud Cart Connector can sync orders from QuickBooks Online into ShipWorks. The following steps are necessary to set-up the sync:
- Set-Up Custom Store in ShipWorks
- Turn on QuickBooks Class Tracking
- Add new class of "ShipWorks" in QuickBooks
- Create an invoice or sales receipt in QuickBooks
- Enable Sync from QuickBooks in Cloud Cart
1. Set-Up Custom Store
Our system uses the ShipWorks generic module feature, which means QuickBooks is a custom store. Our system will pull invoices and sales receipts.
You must set-up a custom store by following these instructions:
- In ShipWorks, go to manage > stores > add.
- Choose generic module.
- For the username and password fields, enter your Intuit account info. The password can be whatever you want since Cloud Cart Connector already has your credentials, but the Intuit email must match the one we have on file. To find your Intuit username, log into Cloud Cart, click the person icon and click my company. Here is an example from ShipWorks and Cloud Cart:
- For the store URL, enter https://www.cloudcartconnector.com/shipworks/getorders
- The system will fill in NA by default for all your store info. Change it with your information.
2. Turn on QuickBooks Class Tracking
Each order must have a class called ShipWorks. This tells our software to send the orders to ShipWorks. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > account and settings.
- Click the advanced tab.
- Click track classes > on:
- Select one to entire transaction under assign classes.
- Click save.
3. Add new class of "ShipWorks" in QuickBooks
- In QuickBooks, click the gear icon > All Lists
- Select the "Classes" Link.
- Click the green "New" button.
- Add the class name "ShipWorks" and click Save.
4. Create an invoice or sales receipt in QuickBooks
Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- On the left, click customers.
- Select a customer or add a new one.
- On the top right, click new > invoice or new > sales receipt.
- Enter ShipWorks in the class field:
- You must format the addresses with name, company, address, and country. Here are more details.
- In the shipping address box, type in the contact's first and last name.
- Press enter.
- Type the address line 1 and press enter.
- Type the address line 2 and press enter.
Type the city, state, and zip then press enter:
5. Enable Sync from QuickBooks
You must tell Cloud Cart Connector to sync orders from QuickBooks Online:
- Log into your Cloud Cart Connector account and click "Configure" under your existing ShipWorks connection.
- Expand the Task menu add the Sync Orders from QuickBooks task to the Sync Direction box and click Sync.
- Select the My Connections link in the top Nav bar and click "Configure" under your existing connection.
- Expand the Sync Order from QuickBooks Manually menu and adjust the Exported After and Exported Before date range. Click the Sync Now button.