If you use QuickBooks Online U.K., the system will automatically assign Z or S on each line. If you are using Cloud Cart with an EU-member country, such as Spain, you will need to map tax codes.
If I am from the United Kingdom, how do I set-up VAT?
Before adding tax codes in Cloud Cart Connector, you must set-up VAT in QuickBooks Online. To set-up QuickBooks VAT, follow these steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click VAT on the left menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Cloud Cart can use VAT number, if supplied, to determine tax. The UK tax codes are always the same, so there is no need to map them. Cloud Cart can determine whether a country is an EU member.
If I am from an EU Member Country, how do I match tax codes?
In this example, we will match a tax code for Spain:
Set-up VAT in QuickBooks
You must add codes:
- In QuickBooks Online, click tax on the left.
- Click rates and settings.
- In the dialog, click next.
- Add a new tax code with the percentage:
Match VAT Code in Cloud Cart Connector
- Login to Cloud Cart Connector
- At the My Connections page, select the appropriate connection under Manage Connections, then click Manage on the right.
- Expand the drop-down called Sales Tax.
- Click +Add New Code.
- Choose a tax code and add the country.
- Click Update.
- Repeat these steps for each code you need to match.
- Finally, click Save Settings and Sync Now to save all changes.
Can I change the tax mapping for each country?
Yes, please read this guide.
Can I disable VAT, based on the SKU or Selling Channel Name?
Yes. Login to Cloud Cart. On the left-hand navigation, click "Rules Engine." Replace the SKUs or store names in the attached sheet. You need one rule per SKU or selling channel.