This article describes syncing inventory from QuickBooks to your online store. You must update items in QuickBooks Online, so the quantity on hand flows to your store.
As our system creates orders in QuickBooks and matches the order items with the QuickBooks product name field. The associated product's quantity on hand goes down.
Set-up Inventory Auto- Sync
If you are using a connection where Cloud Cart Connector can sync inventory from QuickBooks to your online store, you will see sync inventory and orders at the configure screen:
- Go to cloudcartconnector.com
- Sign in with your Intuit account
- On the configure page, asking you for an e-commerce solution, click auto sync on the left
- Click edit next the to the orders task and make note of the credentials
- Go back and create a new task
- Select sync inventory and orders:
- For the rest of the credentials, fill them in like the order task.
You must receive the items in QuickBooks by performing an inventory adjustment or by creating a PO and a bill. Here are the steps:
You can easily adjust inventory in QuickBooks Online:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear > products and services.
- Double click an item
- Click the inventory adjustment button
- Change the quantity
- Click save
This screenshot will show you how to make an inventory adjustment.
To increment inventory with a PO, you must copy the PO to a bill. Here are the steps:
- Click suppliers on the left
- Choose the supplier
- Choose the PO
- On the right, click copy to bill.
If you do not copy the PO to a bill, then inventory is never received and the quantity on hand stays the same. Here is a screenshot of copying a PO to a bill.
To see a list of inventory that we received from QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Login to cloudcartconnector.com
- On the top menu, click account
- Click the link for the inventory report