Where is the plugin configured?
You just need to install the plugin. The plugin is configured on Cloud Cart Connector's website. The plugin just installs a web service and the DLLs for it to build.
Install Plugin Files
Cloud Cart Connector needs a nopCommerce plugin installed on the server hosting the website. A representative from JMA shall send you a .zip file. Here are the steps for installing the plugin:
- Login to the admin of your nopCommerce website.
- On the top right, note your build number (3.3, 3.4, etc.)
- Download the nopCommerce Cloud Cart Connector plugin
- Open the zip file.
- If you see a folder called nopQBConnex, double click it.
- Match the build number from step 1 with the build number folder and double click the folder.
- Merge the plugins folder with the plugins folder of your website. To see a screenshot, click here.
- Merge the contents of the folder with your website.
- Merge the QBOWebService.asmx, located in the folder with nopCommerce version numbers, of the zip file with the root of the site.
- Login to nopCommerce.
- Go to Configuration > Plugins.
- Click reload plugins on the right. This will cause the website to restart and it will take a moment.
- Go to Accounting.QuickBooks > Install.
This plugin requires no configuration inside of nopCommerce. All of the settings are done on our website. The plugin installs the files necessary for the QBOWebService.asmx file to work.
If the installation was successful, you will see a blue and white screen at http://www.yoursite.com/qbowebservice.asmx. All of your settings are configured on the Cloud Cart Connector website. Click here to see a screenshot.
Here is a screenshot of a nopCommerce version number:
Here is the end result:
Cloud Cart Connector
Next, go to Cloud Cart Connector and pair nopCommerce and QuickBooks:
- Login to cloudcartconnector.com with your Intuit account
- On the Configure page, choose nopCommerce
- Enter your adusernamename, password, and your website URL.
If you are upgrading your existing plugin, follow the steps above to step 8. Login to your website and click restart application.
Change Order Status
You can change the order status by entering Completed or Shipped in the advanced tab of CCC. Tracking info is also included. For more info, read this article.
Our system can create invoices for unpaid orders. When you choose settings on cloudcartconnector.com, choose invoices payments if paid. Make sure that the order has no paid date. The system will pick up the order and create an invoice only. Our system will query orders from five days ago to see if there was a payment status change. If so, it will create a payment for the invoice at a later time.
Can I filter orders by nopCommerce store?
If you use nopCommerce versions 3.6 and lower, please contact us. In this example, we will use two separate connections for two separate stores. The site URL is http://www.mysite.com and it has an SSL:
- At the Cloud Cart my connections page, enter your nopCommerce admin login and http://www.mysite.com as the site URL.
- On the configure page, click the second tab that says "QuickBooks export."
- In the store list field, enter a comma separated list of nopCommerce store names. You can find the store names by logging in nopCommerce, going to configuration and clicking stores:
- Complete the settings and click submit.
- Click my connections.
- Click add new connection.
- Enter your nopCommerce admin login.
- As the site URL, enter https://www.mysite.com.
- Click the second tab on the configure page and enter your store name.
- Click submit.
How do I map custom fields?
In this example, we will create a custom field called other and give it a value of test. We will map the value to the QuickBooks other field. Here are the steps:
- Contact us by email with your nopCommerce version. We will email you the source code.
- In the source code, open JMAWebServiceCommon.cs.
- Find this line: JMAOrder jmaOd = new JMAOrder();
- Beneath it, add this method: AddCustomFields(jmaOd);
- Here is the source for the method: