Cloud Cart Connector will map your tax codes automatically, but tax codes must exist in QuickBooks.
How do I map tax codes from my online store?
Map tax codes by region. These codes are used, unless a tax code from your store is mapped.
In this use case, the tax mapping is HST 5% for WooCommerce items with the print-materials tax class. This tax class will override the tax code for the region, GST/HST. Here are the steps:
How do I map tax codes, based on the shipping address state?
Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online Canada
- On the left, click sales tax
- Complete the pop-up form
- Click rates and settings:
- Verify that the codes are correct. If you need to add new codes, press F5. When the screen reloads, click new tax.
Here is the end result in QuickBooks:
How do I charge tax in the U.S. and Canada?
In this example, the customer charges tax in California. The tax changes depending on roof top location. You must instruct Cloud Cart to add tax as a line item and mark the tax lines as exempt, since each line needs a code. Here is the set-up:
- Login to Cloud Cart and click configure.
- Scroll down to sales tax.
- Check add tax as a line item.
- Click sync now.
How do I change the tax code, based on the SKU?
By default, Cloud Cart matches the shipping address state and a tax code. You can override this mapping on a SKU basis by following these steps:
- Go to the Cloud Cart Connector rules engine.
- Add this rule.
- Click map from.
- Click action and add new.
- Select product SKU as the field.
- Enter equals as the comparison.
- Enter the SKU.