Cloud Cart Connector is compatible with Shopify and Shopify POS. Our integration can add multiple payments for the same order, and export orders their date or order ID.
To set up the integration, follow these steps:
- Obtain our app at the Intuit App Store.
- On the my connections page, choose Shopify.
- In the text box that says enter store name, enter the name of your store:
- Click submit.
- On the window, click continue to login to Shopify.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will return to our site and reach the configure page.
By default, our system exports orders by their date. If you need to export certain orders, follow these steps:
- In your Shopify online store, click orders.
- Click on an order.
- In the URL, remove everything before the last backslash and keep the numbers. 425050024 is the order Id in https://jmatestshop.myshopify.com/admin/orders/425050024.
- On the Cloud Cart Connector my connections page, expand the sync manually section:
- In the order list field, enter the order id.
If you have more than one order, enter a comma separated list.
If you select invoices payments if paid from the configure page, Cloud Cart Connector will create payments for each payment on an order. Shopify supports split payments, so an order can have a $40 cash and a $60 credit card payment to complete a $100 order. In this example, you will get an invoice only:
Here is a paid order:
How do I perform an initial import of products from Shopify to QuickBooks?
Our tool will import products, if they are tied to incoming orders. To perform an initial import, follow these steps:
- In Shopify, click the products tab on the left.
- Click export.
- Choose all products and the second box for CSV.
- Save a copy of the CSV.
- Delete all rows except the first.
- Add three columns: income, asset, COGS.
- Enter an inventory asset account in the asset field. Enter a COGS account in the COGS field. Enter an income account in the income field. QB will later ask you to map accounts, so you will map these columns.
- In QB, go to the gear box.
- Click import data.
- Choose products.
- Upload the CSV with the single row.
From here, you will be asked to map fields. Here is what we recommend:
|Shopify Title||QB Field||Notes|
|Title||Sales Description, Purchase Description|
|Variant SKU||Item Name, SKU||Variant SKU is the unique ID for the product.|
QuickBooks will ask you for an income, asset, and COGS account for each product.
Can I map customer or order tags as classes in QuickBooks?
Shopify assigns tag to customers and orders. The order tag is located in the Shopify admin, beneath the address. For customers, the tags section is located under customers. Select a customer and add tags on the bottom right. You can create a rule in Connex to map a tag to a class. You could say if the order contains the tag reviewed, map it to review in QB. Here are some examples: