You must create a custom app inside of Square and obtain an access token, application id and application secret.
In Square, add an address to each Square location. This address is mapped to QuickBooks sales and the address is used to calculate sales tax.
Please click here to see a sample order from Square to QuickBooks Online.
You must set-up a custom app inside of the Square App Store. Here are the steps:
- Go to http://connect.squareup.com
- Login to your Square account.
- Click new application.
- Enter Cloud Cart Connector as the name.
- Note the access token, application ID and application secret found on the OAuth tab.
- Login to Cloud Cart.
- Choose Square.
- Enter the credentials.
- Click submit.
Export Orders or Payments
If you are selling through Square's online store, you can export those orders instead of the payments. Here are the steps:
- At the configure page, go to the order export tab.
- Under the order status, enter payments to pull payments only. Enter orders to pull orders from your Square online store. If you're only swiping cards on a POS, enter payments.
Here are the steps:
- Login to www.squareup.com.
- Go to sales > reports > sales summary.
- Choose the dates for the orders you want to export.
- Scroll down and note the value in the fees row.
- Go back to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the plus sign > deposits
- Under all new deposits, enter Square as the vendor and the fees as a negative number.