You must create a custom app inside of Square and obtain an access token, application id and application secret.
Please click here to see a sample order from Square to QuickBooks Online.
You must set-up a custom app inside of the Square App Store. Here are the steps:
- Go to http://connect.squareup.com
- Login to your Square account.
- On the top menu, click apps.
- Click new app:
- Enter Cloud Cart Connector as the name
- In the Redirect URL field, enter https://www.cloudcartconnector.com/integrations/squareauthcallback
- Click save and your screen should look like this:
- Go to cloudcartconnector.com
- Sign in with your Intuit account.
- Choose Square.
- Enter your access token, application id, application secret into the fields specified.
- Click submit.
Export Orders or Payments
If you are selling through Square's online store, you can export those orders instead of the payments. Here are the steps:
- At the configure page, go to the order export tab.
- Under the order status, enter payments to pull payments only. Enter orders to pull orders from your Square online store. If you're only swiping cards on a POS, enter payments.
Here are the steps:
- Login to www.squareup.com.
- Go to sales > reports > sales summary.
- Choose the dates for the orders you want to export.
- Scroll down and note the value in the fees row.
- Go back to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the plus sign > deposits
- Under all new deposits, enter Square as the vendor and the fees as a negative number.