Using the Class and location fields can help categorize orders. If your business sells multi-channel, you can use the location field to insert the store name and then run your QuickBooks reports by store.
To see the demo full screen, click here. Here is a demo of class and location grouping:
To create the customized profit and loss report, click Reports > profit and loss > customize. Scroll down and change the class drop down.
You must have QuickBooks Online Plus.
QuickBooks Online Instructions:
- In QuickBooks, go to the gear box.
- Under the company tab, go to categories and enable class tracking
- Go to the gear box > all list > classes
- Add a class called web orders
Cloud Car Connector Instructions
Tell Cloud Cart Connector to add a default class called web orders to all orders:
- Log into your Cloud Cart Connector account and select Configure under an existing connection.
- Expand the Transaction Menu and choose a class from the drop down menu under Class Mapping.
- Click Sync Now.
All orders from Cloud Cart Connector will have web orders applied:
Here are the steps to run a P&L by class:
- On the left, click reports.
- On top, enter profit and loss by class
- Notice how orders are grouped by class and income account: