The Cloud Cart Connector can sync orders from QuickBooks Online into ShipWire. You must set-up a scheduled task with Cloud Cart Connector, turn on QuickBooks class tracking, create some new invoices or sales receipts in QuickBooks.
To see a live demo of the integration, go to our demos page.
Enable Class Tracking
Each order will have a class called ShipWire. This tells our software to send the orders to ShipStation. This class prevents orders from ShipWire from going into QuickBooks and back to ShipWire. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > company settings.
- Click track classes > on:
- Click save.
Enable Sync from QuickBooks
If you only want to sync orders from QuickBooks to ShipWire without updates, scroll to the bottom of the configure page and click save and sync.
Add an Order to QuickBooks Online
You must add the name of your ordering solution to the class field. In this example, ShipStation is used. If you are an Infusionsoft customer, then add Infusionsoft. Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- On the left, click customers.
- Select a customer or add a new one.
- On the top right, click new > invoice or new > sales receipt.
- Enter ShipWire in the class field.
- In the shipping address box, type in the contact's first and last name.
- Press enter.
- Type the address line 1 and press enter.
- Type the address line 2 and press enter.
- Type the city, state, and zip then press enter:
In about 30 - 60 minutes, the order should sync. Check your transaction log by hovering over the gear > transaction log. If you want to export the order faster, go back to the configure page of Cloud Cart Connector. Click save and sync.
Sync Tracking Numbers and Shipping Costs from ShipWire to Manual QuickBooks Orders
You can sync the tracking number and ship date back to QuickBooks, after you ship the order. The setting works on invoices only. Here are the steps:
- In QuickBooks, go to the gear box > company settings > sales and turn shipping on. You must turn this setting on to see the ship date and tracking number on the invoice.
- Go to the configure page of Cloud Cart Connector.
- At the configure page, click the QuickBooks Export tab.
- If you want to send tracking details back from ShipWire to QuickBooks, click the update tracking and shipping information box.
- On the transaction tab, check both boxes.
- Click save and sync.
Log out and log into QuickBooks again. View the order and you will see the updates.