Although QuickBooks allows you to map custom fields, you cannot map them by name. Instead, you must map the field name in the order it appears in QuickBooks. Cloud Cart has an order previewer that shows a list of custom fields to map.
Add Custom Fields QuickBooks Online
Here are the steps:
- Login to QuickBooks Online.
- Click the gear box on top.
- Click account and settings.
- Click sales.
- Under sales form content, enable custom fields.
Here is a screenshot of the QuickBooks Online custom fields:
View a list of custom fields to map
Cloud Cart Connector's order previewer tool will show a list of sales. If you use WooCommerce, you must check sync custom fields under the transaction tab of the Cloud Cart configure page.
To use the tool, follow these steps:
- Login to Cloud Cart Connector.
- At the my connections page, select your connection.
- Click configure.
- On the left of the configure page, click order previewer.
- Fill out the search form to view your sale. If you use Shopify or WooCommerce and the order number fails to return the proper sale, use the date range search.
- Expand the sale.
You will see two tabs. The first tab shows a list of custom fields that can be mapped. Without mapping, these fields remain unused. The second tab shows a list of custom fields that will sync to QuickBooks. Here is an example of a custom field:
You must map fields in order of listing in QuickBooks. If you add a mapping and there is no value, then Cloud Cart will insert no text and move onto the next field to map. In this example, the order syncing to QuickBooks contains a mapping for PO number. You can view this field on the other tab of the order previewer. PO is the first custom field and it must be mapped:
- Go to the Cloud Cart Connector rules engine.
- Click action and add new.
- QuickBooks has a custom field called PO. To map the PO, add this rule. If PO was a custom field on the incoming order, then choose order custom field instead of purchase order number. and enter the custom field name.
In this example, sales rep is the second custom field and sales origin is the third:
How do I map fields from QuickBooks to ShipStation custom fields?
Out of box, the QuickBooks sales rep and terms field are mapped to custom field three.
In this example, we will map the QuickBooks custom PO field to custom field one: