This article gives you step by step instructions for creating orders in QuickBooks and having them appear in Salesforce.
Does your software add custom fields to Salesforce?
Install this package, that creates a custom object called invoice. The invoice object contains a list of fields from the QuickBooks transaction. When prompted, select install for all users. Here is a screenshot of the fields:
Can I see a list of invoices for an account?
Here are the steps:
- In Salesforce, switch to classic view.
- In Salesforce, click account.
- On the right, click the arrow.
- Click edit layout:
- Click related lists.
- Drag and drop the invoice to the bottom of the form:
- On the top, click save.
If you look up the JMA Web Technologies account, you will see a list of invoices:
Each order will have a class called Salesforce. This tells our software to send the orders to ShipStation. This class prevents orders from Salesforce from going into QuickBooks and back to Salesforce. To enable class tracking, follow these steps:
- In QuickBooks, click the gear > company settings.
- Click track classes > on:
- Click save.
- In QuickBooks, click customers on the left.
- On the top, click new > invoice or new > sales receipt.
- On the top of the order, enter Salesforce as the class:
- Complete the order.
- Click save.
Cloud Cart Connector
In our install Wizard, you must ask Cloud Cart to sync from QuickBooks.
- Login to Cloud Cart Connector.
- On the My Connections page, add a new connection and choose Salesforce. Follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the install wizard, select sync orders from QuickBooks to Salesforce.
- Complete the form and click submit.
Wait a few minutes. In Cloud Cart, select the Settings drop-down menu in the right nav and click Transaction Log. You will see your sync activity.
How do products match?
Connex matches the QuickBooks item name to the Salesforce product code.
How do accounts match?
Our software matches the QuickBooks customer name to the Salesforce account name field.
Can I sync orders as opportunities?
By default, Connex syncs QB orders using our custom invoice object. To sync orders as opportunities, follow these steps:
- On the Connex configure page, expand sync orders from QuickBooks.
- Next to the send orders to box, select opportunity.
- Click submit.
What does an order look like?
Here are some examples: