Cloud Cart can pull the Amazon settlement report and sync a single order. The transaction will add the products as line items with the quantity, SKU, unit price, and tax. Optionally, Cloud Cart will add the Amazon fees.
Does it work with Amazon Canada, Europe, and India?
Yes, select Amazon Settlement Report - Canada, Amazon Settlement Report - Europe, or Amazon Settlement Report - India.
What are the advantages and disadvantages?
There are many advantages:
- You sync one order per settlement report, instead of several hundred.
- Cloud Cart adds the Amazon fees.
- It's easier to reconcile and it makes QuickBooks cleaner.
Here are the disadvantages:
- You cannot track sales by customer, since you only have a single order.
- You can only sync sixty (60) days back.
- The sync runs bi-monthly, so you can't see your sales reporting until the next settlement report.
How far back can you sync?
The Amazon settlement report can only go sixty (60) days back. If you need older orders, you can sync individual orders with Amazon directly. Choose Amazon at the my connections page. As a workaround, you could select summary order in the configure page and choose a one to two week date range. Cloud Cart would summarize them into a single order.
How do I change the sync dates?
Login to Cloud Cart and click configure at my connections. Scroll down to export settings. Change the sync dates to the two week range of the settlement report.
I set my sync dates back thirty days and I cannot see any orders. What am I doing wrong?
You must ask Amazon to automatically schedule these reports.
- Login to Amazon.
- Click on Your Account and then select make changes to your account.
- Enter the following information into the contact form.
Contact Reason: Please turn on automatic settlement report for my account.
Changes: I would like to request that the following settlement reports be automatically scheduled for my account:
Flat File Settlement Report: GET_V2_SETTLEMENT_REPORT_DATA_FLAT_FILE
XML Settlement Report: GET_V2_SETTLEMENT_REPORT_DATA_XML
Flat File V2 Settlement Report: GET_V2_SETTLEMENT_REPORT_DATA_FLAT_FILE_V2
Here is a screenshot of the form.
How do I add Amazon Fees?
At the configure page, enter Amazon Fees:
How are shipping and gift wrap fees calculated?
Cloud Cart will add line items for shipping and gift wrap, as if you collected sales. If you add Amazon fees, Cloud Cart will add the shipping and gift wrap as an expense to cancel it.
What does a sample order look like?
Can I group Amazon orders by date?
In some cases, the settlement period will fall in two months. In this example, the period was April 19th to May 3rd. By default, Cloud Cart will group orders by MFN and FBA. You could have up to four transactions; two sales receipts and two refund receipts. To group orders by the month, follow these steps:
- Login to Cloud Cart.
- Click configure.
- On the advanced tab, adjust the group summary drop down to order date month.
After syncing, here is the end result.
How do I see a breakdown of sales by customer and month?
How does Cloud Cart calculate sales tax?
Cloud Cart adds a line item called SalesTax that credits sales tax payable. Cloud Cart adds tax as a line item for several reasons:
- A summary order can contain orders with different tax rates from different states. A QuickBooks tax code only applies a single tax rate.
- When Cloud Cart adds a QuickBooks tax code, Cloud Cart must remove tax and recalculate it. Since you want the total tax from for the day, you want a line item.
Here is the sales tax item that Cloud Cart creates.
What if I only charge tax in one state?
Cloud Cart can add a default sales tax code, if the order contains tax and the shipping address state matches no existing mapping. Here are the steps:
- On the Cloud Cart configure page, click sales tax.
- Click add new tax code.
- Choose a tax code and enter US. Leave the state field blank.
Here is an example transaction with Massachusetts sales tax that ships to New York.
How do I pair Amazon?
Even if you already have a seller ID and marketplace ID, you must add JMA as a licensed developer. Otherwise, your login will fail. You must obtain a seller ID and marketplace ID to integrate with your store. Do not enter your store login and password because it will fail. To obtain these identifiers, follow these steps:
- Go to this site: developer.amazonservices.com.
- Click sign up for MWS.
- Login to your account.
- Click I want to give developer access.
- Enter developer's name as JMA Web Technologies
- Enter the developer Id as 5761-8358-4110
- Click next
- Agree to Amazon's terms and click next
- Make note of the Seller ID, Marketplace ID, and the MWS Auth Token:
Once those steps are complete, go to back to Cloud Cart Connector and enter your information:
- On the my connections page, select Amazon.
- Enter your marketplace ID in the first box, the seller ID in the second box and the AWS token in the third box. The AWS Auth Token begins with amzn. Leave the fourth box alone.
- Click the submit button.
How do I check what report Cloud Cart will use?
Settlement Reports are distributed after the seller's settlement period, which is typically bi-weekly. If you had a sales period of February 23rd to March 9th, the report might be a day later. Try February 24th to March 10th in our system. You can use the order previewer:
You can use the order previewer:
- Login to Cloud Cart.
- Click configure at my connections.
- Hover over the gear and click reports.
- Click order previewer.
- Enter the date range.
In this example, we entered 1/13 - 1/27 to get the 1/13 to 1/27 settlement report. Cloud Cart pulls the settlement report where the export before date is greater than the report end date. If we entered 1/13 to 1/26, the report would not show. 1/26 is less than 1/27. Instead, the report before it of 12/30 to 1/13 would appear.
What if my settlement reports are not two weeks ranges?
Please read how do I check what report Cloud Cart will use above. Change the date ranges in the previewer, until you get the desired result.